As people nowadays don’t use Skype that much anymore, for safety concern, as it has people’s contacts and chat history. It is reasonable to delete the account permanently. But it is easier said than done. With our direct and simple steps, you would get it done as quick as possible.
Unlink the email ID that you have been using for Skype
Before heading for your Skype apps to delete your account, you need to unlink your email ID that linked to your Skype with the browser,
- Type Skype.com in your browser and sign in
- Go to Account Settings, click it and then find Settings and Preferences
- Find the Unlink/Not Linked option beside your Microsoft account
- If it says Unlink, click it to detach the id
- Click Continue to confirm
After you unlink the account, you can head down to the apps and follow our guide below.
Windows or Mac
Follow the steps below to delete your Skype account from desktop:
- Launch the Skype application
- Click your Skype Name
- Click Settings on the menu
- On the right-side panel, scroll down and click Close your account
- Verify your id and password to continue
- On the Ready to Close window, read through what you would lose when the account is deleted. Click, Next
- Check relevant boxes
- Select reason for account deletion
- Click Mark account for closure to proceed
Android or iOS
The account deletion process on mobile devices is pretty much the same:
- Launch Skype
- Tap your Skype Name
- Go to Settings by tapping the Gear icon on the top right corner
- Tap Account & Profile and then Close your account
- Verify your id and password to proceed
- Go through the list and click Next
- Mark the checkboxes and list the Reason
- Now, tap Mark account for closure
If due to privacy concerns you delete your Skype ID or password, you may also need to upgrade your method to protect your privacy online.
Fast and Easy to Use
With just one click, you can access the content freely safely, and fast without worry.
The Most Secure Technology implemented
When you use RitaVPN, your device will only use DNS servers that are fully operated by RitaVPN. In this way, you don’t have to worry about your confidential information leaking and being intercepted by a third party. Moreover, a built-in Kill Switch kicks in to safeguard your online security if your VPN connection drops.
It combines AES-256 encryption, which is the strongest technology of encryption to this date. RitaVPN is designed to provide an anonymous browsing experience that leaves no digital footprint.
Cost-effective Pricing Plan
RitaVPN is a free VPN, if you want to access more servers, you can use its service with the most reasonable price. To be frank, the most expensive VPN might not be the best VPN for your needs, as they spent tons on marketing may be the reason they are costly. Not only they are famous, but they are expensive. In the market of VPNs, RitaVPN only charge half of the average price with their safest technology. It even provides a more flexible seasonal pricing plan for users. What is more, it offers 7-day money-back guarantee! A free trial always comes in handy because it makes sure you buy with no risk.